• Preston is the third largest city in the North West of England and was named the region’s best city to live and work in 2016. A major stop on the West Coast main line, it is a short commute from employment hubs such as Manchester, and earmarked as a key destination on the planned HS2 route.
• The City Deal Partnership will deliver £430M of transport investment, 20,000 new jobs and 17,000 new homes in Preston & Lancashire, providing a £2.3 billion boost to the region's economy and helping attract more young professionals, students, families and couples to the area.
• The Sorting Office is in a central location only minutes from Preston train station and all amenities - ideal to meet demand from young professionals and families in the city. It's designed specifically for the private rented sector, with a premier finish and energy-efficient Smart Home technology in-built throughout.
• Formerly a Royal Mail Sorting Office, the Grade II Listed building is being transformed into 31 luxury apartments. A unique offering in the city’s property market, it will retain the character of the original brick building, combining high-spec living and local history. All apartments include private parking, and access to the city’s first communal roof garden.
• Prices for the apartments start from £120,000 for a 1 bed unit, with an affordable payment plan that lets buyers pay 30% upon exchange and 70% upon completion - ideal for arranging finance for up to 70% of the valuation on completion.
• The properties are offered at a discount to the independent RICS Valuation provided, with a 5% discount for mortgage investors and a 10% discount for cash buyers.
• Cash buyers have the option of taking a fixed return of 7% NET, assured for the first 12 months. Alternatively, mortgage investors can leverage cheap borrowing costs to amplify year 1 cashflows to 13% or 14% depending on the unit chosen. The financial illustration shows the power of compounding - when combined with steady capital growth over a 10-year hold period, this investment is forecast to generate total returns of over 190% - an annualized return of around 19% per year.